Berkeley Retirement Home and Nursing Home entrance panorama view

The Berkeley Retirement Home was first established in the year 1895 under the James M. & Mary A. Wood Foundation. The property and building were a gift of Edward F. Searles, who designed and built the original home. The Nursing Center was added on in 1994, with a gift from Cornelia Battershill.